How To Apply
You can apply in two different ways.
Option 1 (fee based). Use the official online application and pay the application fee ($50 for US applicants and $100 for international applicants). Click here for instructions and links to use this option.
Click here for the link to the online application. Online application help:
- Campus: Norman campus
- Program selection: College of Arts & Sciences: Physics
- Intent to Apply for Graduate Assistantship:
(All applicants are considered for TAs and RAs unless you have your own funding. Answer NO only if you have other funding.)
Option 2 (no fee). Send all of your materials directly to our department. This is the no-fee application option. Click here for instructions and links to use this option.
Your application consists of the following:
- Physics and Astronomy Departmental Application.
- OU Graduate Application for domestic or international applicants.
- Your Statement of Purpose.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (sent separately by your recommenders).
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities where you want us to consider your academic record. Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for our initial evaluation. (Later, official transcripts will be required for official admission).
- GRE scores (see FAQ).
Additional requirements for international students:
- Confidential Financial Statement (form included in OU Graduate Application for International Applicants).
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (required for international applicants for whom English is your second language).
Have questions? Try our Advice for Graduate School Applicants and Answers to FAQs. If you still have questions, please contact us (see QUESTIONS? below).
Mail these application materials to:
Graduate Recruiting and Selection Committee
Homer L. Dodge Department of Physics and Astronomy
The University of Oklahoma
440 W Brooks St
Norman, OK 73019-2061 USA
Or Email these application materials to:
Questions? Do you have questions about applying? Click here for assistance.
Try any of the following:
- Try our Advice for Graduate School Applicants and Answers to FAQs.
- Call the Physics Department Office at (405) 325-3961 x36101
- Call us toll free at (800) 522-0772 ask for extension 36101
Concluding Words. Regardless of which method you choose, your application will include all of the items in the check list shown in option 2. Please refer to the FAQ for advice on what we look for in our evaluation of your application.
It is important to select only one method of application. If you submit part of your application using the online option (1) and part using the direct option (2), you will then have two incomplete applications, which will slow down evaluation of your application.