July 15, 2011:
- Bulk downloads have been updated for both ascii and fits files to match the other server.
- References for 1988H and 1999cq have been fixed and filenames for 1999ee
have been changed.
- For some reason 1999eu gives a 500 Internal Server Error in the search.cgi script.
This supernova has not been part of the updates and all database tables and data sets appear to be working correctly.
1999eu shows up under a more generalized 1999e search and all data work from that search, but not from the 1999eu page.
Cause of this problem is currently unknown.
June 15, 2011:
- Gif files should now be working for all spectra following a recent update by Andy Feldt.
- This server was unaffected by the recent storm. Database table updates will begin shortly.
June 7, 2011:
- Newly updated ascii bulk downloads are now available so all bulk downloa
ds are currently up to date.
- Users now have the option to download spectra from supernovae with no ty
pe without having to download all of the database spectra.
Mar. 28, 2011:
- I've been looking into an issue with some of the headers on a few of the
spectra, specifically the June 13 and 14 spectra for SN 1996X.
It was brought to my attention that CRPIX1 and CRVAL1 for those two are set
to awkward values. Unfortunately, it looks as though those spectra were sent
to SUSPECT with their fits headers already written, so I don't know the
explanation behind the odd values.
Jan. 21, 2011:
- News page added to SUSPECT.
- Updated ascii bulk downloads will be available shortly.
I will also be adding new spectra to the database in the next few weeks.
They will be announced on the home page as they become available.
- For some of spectra containing a large number of datapoints,
clicking the 'X' for the XY Output may overwhelm and crash users' browsers.
Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer may be subject to freezing
and/or crashing in these situations. Opera and Safari will run slowly for a
brief period while loading, but both are able to load the outputs normally.
I am looking into changing the XY Outputs to downloadable files like the
FITS files to correct this problem.
- As a sidenote, the issue with Google Chrome offering to translate our webpages
from Indonesian has been reported to Google already.
by Mary Hogan