What are Sponsorships? And How do they work?
If you want to have your DNA tested by one of the best testing companies (Relative Genetics) you will want to visit the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation web and get a DNA Test Coupon. With this coupon you can get a 26 Marker Y-Chromosome Paternal Line Analysis or an mtDNA Maternal Line Analysis for $95.
Sponsorships are partial payments of the cost of a DNA test. The awardees must be a direct male descendant with one of the following surnames: Baalsen, Cooley, Dalton, Ferguson, Halverson, Nelson, Parker, Rodeback or Ross. We will also provide Sponsorships on 26 or 43-Marker Tests at Relative Genetics to encourage needed participation in the following cases:
- A sponsorship of $25 for the 1st participant of each line documented back to the 1500s.
- A sponsorship of $15 for the 1st participant of each line documented back to the 1600s.
- A sponsorship of $10 for the 1st participant of each line documented back to the 1700s.
- A Sponsorship of $50 for participants currently living in Ireland and England with documented ancestry.
- A sponsorship of $50 for descendants of:
- Thomas Bryant Parker born 1 October 1797 in Grayson County, Virginia.
- Joshua Parker born 31 December 1764 in New York City, New York
- John Parker estimated birth 1725 in Northern Ireland
$50 Maternal line sponsorships (mtDNA) are available if you are a direct female descendant of one of the following:
- Adelia Cooley -- born 11 March 1874 in Kanosh, Millard County, Utah
- Olena Matilda Olsen -- born 5 June 1882 in Richfield, Sevier County, Utah
- Martha Ann Nelson -- born 17 October 1818 in Fayette County, Kentucky
- Frances Isabella Rodeback -- Council Bluffs, Pottawattamie County, Iowa
- Isabell Fergusen -- born 6 Nov 1832 in Quincy, Adams County
- Maren Olava Larson -- 4 May 1846 in Eidsvoll, Akershus , Norway
- Elizabeth Lydia Bryant -- born about 1768 and married to William Parker born 10 Apr 1748
- Joyce Faulconer -- born about 1787and married to Ambrose Nelson born about 1792/1787
- Emily Harmon -- born 16 Sep 1817 in Rupert, Bennington County, Vermont
- Rebecca Turner Cranmer -- born 24 Apr 1795 in Towanda, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania
- Susannah Ford -- born about 1810 in Quincy, Adams County, Illinois
- Maren "Abelone" Hansen -- born 6 Jul 1797 in Asker, Akershus, Norway
- Berte Marie Hendricksen -- born 20 May 1805 in Eidsvoll, Akershus, Norway
If you can afford the test please do not request a sponsorship as they are limited to one per month. I have eight children! However, if the cost is an issue do not hesitate to request.
If interested send email to: email@example.com (Gregory A. Parker) requesting a sponsorship. Please put SPONSORSHIP in the subject line.