The tricks are for manipulating the
using the pad.
The tricks are largely self-explanatory.
Mostly heading style is used because one might need to read the tricks outside in the dark---big black print is needed
is needed for easy viewing under red light---and red light is best for good
Note the menu scrolls are only
keys 6-up or 9-down.
The arrow keys on the pad are just for
- Arrow keys: just for slewing
- Find named star:
- Change menu upward: undo
- Change menu upward to top menu: undo repeatedly until NexStarSe Ready appears
- Change slew rate:
rate/9 for fast cross sky slewing,
rate/5 for typical centering, rates range 1 (slowest) to 9 (fastest)
- Find planet:
- Menu: top shows: NexStarSe Ready
- Menu scrolls: keys 6-up or 9-down
- Slewing: arrow keys
- Telescope shutdown for the night: slew the
C8 to the horizontal angle,
turn off the battery-powered lights
place the pad in its holder properly,
switch off the power
An instructor demonstration of pad holder placement may be needed the first time that is done.
Shutdown for the night is only done if you know you are the last user.
Turning off a C8
turns off the object-finding alignment---and you do NOT want to turn that off before you know
no one else will want the object-finding alignment.
- Top menu shows: NexStarSe Ready
- Turn off clock drive: 3-menu/tracking/enter/mode/off
- Turn on clock drive: 3-menu/tracking/enter/mode/Alt-Az