This page contains information and links to documents you need in order to apply to the graduate Physics and Astronomy program at the University of Oklahoma. In order to view and complete the application and associated files for admission, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Note that our PDF files will open in a separate window.
Your application consists of the following:
- Physics and Astronomy Departmental Application.
- OU Graduate Application for domestic or international applicants.
- Your Statement of Purpose.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (sent separately by your recommenders).
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended. (sent directly by each institution).
- GRE scores (see FAQ).
Additional requirements for international students:
- Confidential Financial Statement (form included in OU Graduate Application for International Applicants).
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (required for international applicants for whom English is your second language).
Have questions? Try our Advice for Graduate School Applicants and Answers to FAQs. If you still have questions, please contact us (see Questions? below).
Mail these application materials to:
Graduate Recruiting and Selection Committee
Homer L. Dodge Department of Physics and Astronomy
The University of Oklahoma
440 W Brooks St
Norman, OK 73019-2061
The Department of Physics and Astronomy can evaluate your application without the application processing fee. To do this you must send all of your application materials directly to the address above. Do not send any of your materials to another address. If you are accepted and wish to enroll, we will cover the application processing fee.
Why can't you just apply electronically?
We're trying to do you a favor. If you apply using the graduate application website, you are required to pay their processing fee and it will also slow down our department's evaluation of your application! We are offering to evaluate your application without requiring you to pay the application fee. However, if you still want to apply online, use this link to the graduate college, pay the fee, and then mail (or email) copies of ALL the forms (including the forms you submitted online) to the address above.
Do you have questions about applying? Try any of the following:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Call the Physics Department Office at (405) 325-3961 x36101
- Call us toll free at (800) 522-0772 ask for extension 36101